Happy September! I’ve been receiving Look Fantastic’s beauty box for 8 months now. Since this was a highly anticipated month for me, I thought I would do a quick review. From August’s seek peek I knew it would be their 5 year birthday box. Those who aren’t familiar with Look Fantastic, this is a monthly beauty subscription box and varies in price from £13-15 (UK) a month according to the plan you choose. Along with beauty products it comes wrapped in a very nice study box, a pamphlet with item description, and Elle magazine. (unfortunately, the magazine doesn’t interest me, and I always pass it along to a friend)
CONTENTS OF SEPTEMBER’S BOX:
Bath and body:
- Molten Brown Orange and Bergamot Bath and Shower Gel – (100ml, £10) I love Molten Brown products, mainly for their choices of delicious fragrances.
- Bubble T x Look Fantastic Limited Edition Bath Bomb – (100g, £5) I can’t say much on this being that we don’t have a bath in our flat! This seems to be the one item that embodies the birthday theme, it even smells like a cake!
- Oskia Renaissance Cleasing Gel – (35ml, £14) I was happy to see this…I have used this before and it’s a lovely cleanser with Pumpkin Enzyme, Vitamins A, C, and E.
- Caudalié Premier Cru – (5ml, £16.35) Ugh! Another tiny sample of Caudalié. I’ve received so many samples from them, and always give them away…but I never tried this eye cream so I’ll give it a go!
- Pixi Liplift Max in Honey Sheen – (1g, £12) I wouldn’t call this a major lip plumper, it does have a soft cooling effect which feels very nice. However, this isn’t my thing, since I enjoy a more matte lip product.
- Sleek Eyebrow Stylist in Dark – (0.3g, £6.49) I’m not sure if everyone receives the same color, but I can see this being entirely too dark for a lot of people. I was happy to get a dark color, which is a rarity for me, I tend to get blonde-brown pencils in beauty boxes. It’s very difficult to break away from Anastasia Brow Gel for me, but I’ll eventually give this a try.
I can’t say that this was my favourite month and really didn’t feel the birthday vibe. Frankly, altogether I’m a bit disappointed. However, with worldwide shipping and affordability, I still believe that it is one of the better beauty boxes out there. Fingers crossed October’s box will be more promising!
Any thoughts, how did you like September’s birthday edit?